Customize the Service Checklist (Web)
To learn how to customize the Service Checklist on the Skimmer website, see the video below. Or, if you prefer, scroll past the video to view our step-by-step text instructions.
Step-by-step instructions . . .
Here’s how to customize the service checklist on the web. Start by logging into GetSkimmer.com. Then click Settings, and then Service Checklist. What we’re looking at here is the universal checklist. These tasks will show up on every route stop for every tech. This doesn’t include work orders, since they have their own checklists, it only applies to regular service.
- Let’s add a new task. In top right corner, click the Add button. This will open a pop-up window where you can add two names for this new checklist item. Description is what you and your techs will see on service checklist before this item has been marked as done. Description When Complete is what you’ll see after the item has been marked as done, and it’s what the customer will see on the service email if you choose to include it. When you’re done, click Save, and you can see that there’s now a new task on the universal checklist.
- What if you want to change a task that’s already there? Click the Edit button and you’ll get that same pop-up window, where you can change whatever you like about how this item is labeled. When you’re done, click Save.
- Note that you can also move any of these tasks. Just click, grab, drag and drop.
- What if there’s a task you don’t need anymore? Just click Delete, confirm, and it’s gone.
- Now, that’s the universal checklist. But you can also add custom tasks a single location. Here’s how to do it. Click on the Customers tab, then find the customer you need to add this for and click into their profile. If they have more than one service location, make sure you’ve chosen the correct one. Then click the tab for Pool or whatever body of water this will apply to.
- Here you’ll see another Service Checklist box. Any task you add here will apply only to this body of water. So, just like before, click Add, and in the pop-up window, enter descriptions for both before and after completion. Click Save and it’s added. You can also edit or delete these tasks when needed, just like the universal checklist.
- Remember, after you make these changes, if you want to ensure your techs get the new information right away, just have them perform a sync in their Skimmer app, and then they’ll be good to go.