Customize Tags (Web)
To learn how to customize tags on GetSkimmer.com, see the video below. Or, if you prefer, scroll past the video to view our step-by-step text instructions.
Step-by-step instructions . . .
- To customize Tags on GetSkimmer.com, log into the website. Navigate to Settings and then General, where you'll find a section at the bottom called Customer Tags. Note that you have an Add button, and Edit and Delete buttons next to each tag.
- Click the Edit button and you’ll get a pop-up window that allows you to change the tag name. When editing a tag name, you can have spaces, but no special characters except for a dash. So don’t try something like a comma or a question mark or you’ll get an error. Click the Delete button and you’ll get a pop-up window asking you to confirm deletion. We won’t actually delete a tag right now, but it’s as easy as that. Note that, if you tell the system to delete a tag, it will do so even if it’s currently assigned to customers. So make sure you really want to delete it.
- Now let’s add a Tag. Click the Add button and you’ll get another pop-up. Type in the name of your new tag. A tag should be at least two characters, and can be up to fifty characters, but you’ll find them much easier to manage across the web and the app if you keep them fairly short. Then save and check the tags list and you’ll see our new tag has been added.
- How does all this actually apply to your customers? Let’s go to the Customers tab, where the first thing you’ll note is that customers who have tags applied to their account will show a little tag icon next to their name. Hover over the icon and you’ll see all their tags.
- Now let’s click into a customer’s profile. Click the edit button next to their name, and at the bottom of the edit screen you’ll see a field for Tags. Click in the box to bring up all available tags, and you can choose as many as you want to apply to this customer. If you decide you want a new tag (for instance, something to indicate general location), you can just type it into the same box, and not only will it create that tag for this customer, but it will add it as a new tag that you can choose for any customer. Once you’ve chosen the tags you want, click Save. And now you’ll see that those tags are attached the customer’s profile.
- Let’s see how we can use these tags to filter our customer list. Click back to the Customers page, and note our search functions at the top of the screen. You can still search by customer name, route assignment, and active or inactive, but you can also filter the list based on customer tags. Click the main dropdown and you’ll see all available tags. Let’s say I want to see how many Avengers are my customers. I’ll just choose that tag and look at the resulting list. If I want to see all Avengers and all people with salt pools, I’ll choose both tags and make sure I’m using the “Has Any” option. Now our list shows anyone who’s an Avenger and anyone who owns a salt pool. How about if I want to view any Avengers that also have a salt pool. I’ll choose “Has All” on the second dropdown and get a newly filter list of the customer who has both of those tags.
- Now let’s try something different. What if I want to see all customers that are not Avengers? I’ll keep the Avengers tag in the first dropdown. But in the second dropdown, I’ll choose “Has None,” which will show me anyone who doesn’t have the Avengers tag.
- Tags are also available when you create a new customer in Skimmer. So you can indicate their categories immediately.