Skimmer Billing FAQ - General
Frequently Asked Questions about Skimmer Billing
What is Skimmer Billing?
Skimmer’s billing feature is an easy, modern, and streamlined payments acceptance experience designed specifically for pool service businesses. You can generate invoices that seamlessly integrate with the data already in Skimmer allowing you to quickly bill for service, repairs, parts, and materials.
Easily email invoices to your customers and accept online credit card or bank account payments. Customers can opt into auto-pay, making it easy for you to automatically collect payments for recurring pool service either per stop or flat-monthly fee, with or without chemicals
Where can I learn about Skimmer Billing features and how to get started?
Skimmer Billing is available for all Skimmer subscribers. Learn how to setup and use Skimmer Billing by visiting the Skimmer Billing Tutorials Page. If, after viewing the videos, you have further questions, you can reach out to our Support team via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (480-718-2158).
What can you do with Skimmer Billing?
- Generate invoices for completed pool service, dosages, installed items, and work orders
- Bill all customers, customers by tag, or specific customers in just a few steps
- Quickly review and adjust invoice details such as names, descriptions, rates, and taxables for invoice line items, and exclude any items not to be billed
- Generate and bulk email invoices with an embedded payment link for customers, allowing customers to view a detailed online invoice
- Accept payments from credit/debit cards, digital wallets such as Apple Pay and Google Pay, or US bank accounts
- Allow customers to opt into AutoPay for recurring pool service from an invoice, or opt a customer in from Skimmer on their behalf
- Securely store multiple payment methods on file, and designate the method of choice for AutoPay
- Automatically send payment receipt confirmations for any successful payment
- View status and balance of all invoices and payments in real-time from the invoice and payments dashboards including dollars due, overdue, outstanding, in draft, expected, and received
- Add offline payments for cash & check, and manually create invoices for one-off needs
- Configure how pool service, dosages, installed items, and work order line items are generated by default
- Create tax rates and tax groups and bulk apply those to service locations
- Customize your invoice and payment receipt email templates
- Generate reports on all invoices sent, paid, outstanding, all payments, payouts, and tax liabilities
- Automatically generate and email recurring invoices
- Advanced alerts and notifications
- Enhanced reporting, exports, and imports
How does Skimmer Billing Compare to QuickBooks Online?
Skimmer Billing gives you the ability to generate, process, and track invoices and accept payments without the use of third-party billing software. Your customers can pay via Google Pay, Apple Pay, ACH, and credit or debit card. You customers can also opt for AutoPay for routine services. Invoices have the look and feel of Skimmer's service emails, giving your customers a consistent experience for service and billing.
How much does it cost?
Skimmer Billing is included with every Skimmer subscription. There are no setup fees, monthly fees, or hidden charges.
Processing fees are a fixed percentage of each transaction so you only pay for the service when you use it.
- For credit and debit cards: 2.9% + $0.25 per transaction (additional 0.5% for keyed or recurring transactions)
- For bank draft (ACH) payments: 1% + $0.25 per transaction (capped at $10 per transaction)
Which user accounts in my company have access to Skimmer Billing?
The Owner account has full access to everything. Admin accounts have access to everything except the Stripe onboarding form. Techs do not have access to Skimmer Billing.
How long does it take to process a payment?
When your customer submits payment via credit card, it typically takes 2 - 3 business days for the payment to process and deposit into your account. For ACH, deposits may take 5 - 7 days to process.